“How much money do I need to visit Vietnam?” The answer ultimately depends on what kind of food you plan to eat, what standard of accommodation you plan to stay in, and how you plan to make your way around the country.
Currently, there is no direct flight from Belgium to Vietnam. That is why you need to transfer to other countries. It is a little bit long and hard journey. However you could make a memorable trip by yourself.
Visitors from most European countries will need a visa to enter Vietnam. And also Belgian passport holders need to get a visa to Vietnam. You can check again the Vietnam Visa requirements for Belgian citizens & residents at: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/how-to-apply-vietnam-visa-in-belgium/
Fortunately, visa application is not a big problem that could be a barrier on your journey as in the past. Nowadays, Belgian just spend some minutes by applying online, it is called: Visa on arrival. There are two kind of fee that you need to pay:
- Price for visa on arrival approval letters varies based on how urgently you need to issue your visa application and how long your plan is to stay in Vietnam.
- Once you get your visa approval letter, you can pick your visa on arrival up before passing through immigration at any Vietnamese international airport. Note that you’ll also have to pay a stamping fee of $25 USD per person for single re-entry or $50 for a multiple entry visa.
Accommodation in Vietnam
- Accommodation in Vietnam ranges from the cheapest rooms in family-owned guesthouses to the Southeast Asia’s most luxurious hotels. For the past 10 years, Vietnam has grown at an incredible rate, with new hotels opened throughout the country every day.
- In major cities such as Saigon and Hanoi, you could choose from a huge selection of hotels in all price ranges. In specific destinations, you could get a slightly headache in choosing of budget and mid-range accommodation options at very reasonable prices.
- One of valuable advice to save money in Vietnam is to eat local food. Vietnamese food is tasty, cheap and diverse – this is comments from most of travellers all over the world.
- Vietnam is so well known for retail, street foods are available on the back of street vendors, to experience the local culture, you should try to call them, buy a small dish with just 5,000 dong a piece.
- The most famous and delicious Vietnamese dishes that are mentioned in Oxford dictionary are pho (noodle soup) and banh mi, which are available from 20,000 to 50,000, depending on the ingredients and the regions. There is no reason to refuse to try them in their home land, isn’t there?
Travelling Around Vietnam
- A few years ago, there were not so many ways to travel around Vietnam. Travelling by bus will save money but taking time and put you in a terrible of Vietnam’s chaotic traffic. If you would like to travel by air plane, you were limited to expensive carriers like Vietnam Airlines.
- There were also the option of travelling by trains, which let you get a more hands-on experience of Vietnamese travel at the cost of time and comfort.
- Today, several budget airlines operate in Vietnam and offer cost-effective flights to and from the country’s major destinations. The cheapest flight now in Vietnam is Vietjet Airlines. As usual, bus is the cheapest way to travel around the country, while domestic flights are slightly more expensive but much, much faster and comfortable.