I am a Belgian citizen who is going to be in Vietnam for 10 days from October 26-November 5. I understand that i need to get a Vietnam visa. I am researching online about the visa requirements, and some places say i need to get it pre approved from an embassy in Belgium, and others say i can get it upon arrival. Can you help me with this?
If i do need it pre approved in Belgium. i will need to get it done as soon as possible.
Before September 30th.
Please be informed that the information you found is right. However, here we want to make it clear for you.
As Belgian citizen, you have two ways to obtain a visa for Vietnam.
- Obtain the visa at the local embassy of Vietnam; OR
- Obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival.
The former relates to getting visa approved by the embassy. And the latter relates to getting visa approved by the Vietnam Immigration Department. Both grant you with a valid visa, but they have to relation with each other. Their procedures are also quite different as follows:
1. For Vietnam visa at embassy:
- Step 1: Travel to the embassy to submit application documents (including original passport, application form and photos) and pay for visa fee;
- Step 2: Travel back home and wait for visa processing;
- Step 3: Travel to the embassy again to receive the visa stamped on passport;
With this option, you will have visa on your passport before departure for Vietnam.
2. For Vietnam visa on arrival
- Step 1: Fill out the online application form and pay for service fee online;
- Step 2: Get visa approval letter via email within 2 working days;
- Step 3: Board the flight and get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
With this option, you will have the visa on your passport upon arrival in Vietnam.
The second option may be much easier for you to obtain a visa for Vietnam. However, you only apply for it if you travel to Vietnam by air.
We hope this information works well for you.
Should you need any further information about Vietnam visa for Belgians, feel free to let us know.
Have a best day,